Authorized Use Agreement
Tyler Morning Telegraph (the "Paper") and TylerPaper.com, spotted.tylerpaper.com, and TylerTube.com (the “Sites”) want to foster a spirit of community involvement and conversation. At the same time, we can’t have objectionable material on the Sites.
We expect that you and others will not use our services to post objectionable comments, obscenity, defamatory remarks, commercial messages or violations of any rights or laws, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark or intellectual property rights or laws.
By using services on the Sites, you:
- Agree not to solicit others. You agree not to use any services to advertise or to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
- Agree not to have multiple usernames on the Sites. Each user may have only one log-in. We require your actual name to appear with your comment, picture or video. Nicknames, e-mail addresses, or anything other than your actual name are not permitted as identifiers. You acknowledge that all posts made to the stories on the Sites, or any pictures or videos, express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people), and hence the Sites and the Paper will not be held liable.
- Agree not to post anything libelous, defamatory, obscene, harmful, vulgar, threatening, harassing, abusive, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, sexist, tortuous, pornographic, indecent or otherwise illegal or objectionable.
- Agree that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights to any postings or any other works that you incorporate into your postings and not to post any content that you do not have the right to make available.
- Agree not to post any content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Agree not to post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Agree not to pretend to be someone else -- not another poster on these boards, not a public official, not your first-grade teacher.
- Agree not to give out personal information about someone else on the board.
- Agree to keep your postings on topic.
- Agree not to post hyperlinks to any Web site outside the Site.
- Agree that you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your posting to use such person’s name or likeness in you posting.
All postings or submissions to the Sites may be reviewed by a Web editor before being set live, and whether or not any postings are set live is determined at the sole discretion of the Paper and/or the Sites’ management. The Sites reserve the right to edit or reject any postings, whether they be in the form of comments, pictures, videos, or any other medium. Postings may be considered property of the Sites or the Paper only to the extent necessary for editing and review. This ownership is not intended to make the Sites or the Paper the Information Content Provider, as defined in 47 U.S.C. 230(f)(3). You acknowledge that all posts made on the Sites express the views and opinions of you, the author, and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people), and hence neither the Sites nor the Paper will be held liable. In accordance with the above restrictions, you grant the Sites, their affiliates and related entities, and their affiliated newspaper, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, archive, store, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works from such information, in any form, media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future.
In the event that it becomes necessary or advisable for the Sites or the Paper to defend themselves, in a court of law or otherwise, with respect to any information provided by you; including, but not limited to, reader comments, a photograph, video, and/or other materials, we may rely on your representations and warranties contained herein or in any other terms and conditions relating to the use of the Sites. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Sites, its affiliates and representatives and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and other costs of enforcing this agreement or other terms and conditions, arising in any way from your use of the Sites, your placement or transmission of any message, comment, content, information, software or other materials on or through the Sites, or your breach or violation of the law or of this agreement. The Sites reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with the Sites’ defense of such claim and to reimburse the Sites for the reasonable costs and expenses thereof.
You agree that the name you register with on the Sites is your actual legal name, and that comments and content submitted by you will display your actual legal name for identification. Content submitted by you using a nickname, email address, or anything other than your actual name as identification may not be posted. If you are already registered, you can enter your profile and delete the nickname. Your actual name will then be posted by default.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, harassing, libelous, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the moderators of these comments have the right (but not the obligation) to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user, you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party in violation of the Sites’ policy, the moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer so that others may not access the Sites using your name in whole or in part without our permission. If you believe someone has accessed the Sites using your name and password without your authorization, e-mail us immediately at email@example.com. Further, you agree not to sell, transfer or assign your membership or any membership rights, and agree not to disclose your password, or the password of anyone else, to any person for any reason. Disclosure of your password to any other person may subject you to civil and criminal penalties. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Sites at any time for any reason.
By registering and/or by your use of the Sites and/or the Paper, you agree to be bound by these conditions, as well as all other use terms and conditions, copyright policies and privacy policies associated with the Sites as currently written or as may be amended, from time to time.