Candle believed cause of Hollyview Apartments fire
An unattended candle allegedly caused a fire at a south Tyler apartment Complex Wednesday afternoon.
The Tyler Fire Department was called to the Hollyview Apartments, 7101 Waljim St., just after 2 p.m., according to a news release from the fire department.
Firefighters reported smoke in the building when they arrived, and the fire was contained to one apartment unit and the fire damage inside was limited the bathroom, the release states.
The fire was quickly brought under control, but a person suffered from possible smoke inhalation.
They were treated by EMS at the scene.
Five fire engines and one ladder truck, along with a district chief and an investigator, responded to the scene, the release states.