The Tyler Branch of the American Association of University Women is accepting applications for college scholarships.
The branch offers scholarships each year to female students at local colleges such as Tyler Junior College, Texas College and The University of Texas at Tyler.
This year’s scholarships are:
- Two $1,500 scholarships are awarded to graduating senior women from Smith County public high schools.
- Two $1,500 scholarships are awarded to graduating women from TJC for further educational assistance at a four-year institution of higher learning.
- A Proven Scholar Scholarship of $1,500 goes to a female student at TJC, Texas College, or UT Tyler who has completed at least 30 hours of college level work.
- The Virginia Skeen Clark Scholarship is a $1,500 privately funded award that goes to a single, working mother who is enrolled at TJC or UT Tyler.
- The Dorothy Scott Scholarship of $1,000 may be awarded to a branch member in good standing for at least three years, to complete advanced education, branch out into a new field, strive for additional degrees or certification, or engage in any other form of education to enrich their lives.
A criteria sheet and the scholarship applications are available online at www.aauwtyler.org.
Applications also will be available in qualifying high school counselors’ offices and the financial aid offices at TJC, UT Tyler, and Texas College.
Contact Carol Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about qualifications or eligibility.