Decades of memories went up in smoke Thursday as fire claimed the M&M Records shop on West Bow Street.
Raymoore has owned the business for the past five years, but his wife's family owned the store since it opened in 1972.
“There's a lot of memories in there — a lot,” he said, shaking his head.
Raymoore said the shop specialized in R&B, Blues, Gospel and other genres, but what would be missed more than anything is the loss of new memories being made in the building.
“This has been a part of (my wife's family) for so long, and so many people came here for their music,” he said.
Raymoore did not know of any electrical problems in the building, but said it did need repairs.
Tyler firefighters worked for more than an hour to bring the blaze under control, but the shop sustained heavy fire, smoke and water damage.
Fire Marshal Paul Findley said the fire likely began near the heating and air conditioning system where some flammable materials had been stored too close to an ignition source.
Findley said the record shop portion of the building was a complete loss and that adjoining barber shop suffered some smoke and water damage.