A Lindale family lost a storage building, but firefighters were able to save their home after a fire Sunday evening.
Smith County Fire Marshal Jim Seaton said the fire occurred on the 2600 block of County Road 487 just after 8 p.m.
Seaton said the family had been burning trash and leaves during the day and thought the fire was fully extinguished. He said the flames rekindled after they went inside for the night, catching a 20-by-40-foot storage building on fire.
He said the building was a total loss, but it was near the family’s home, which Lindale firefighters were able to save.
The Lindale Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene.