It's a common complaint: I have no idea what to buy for so-and-so.
1. Tenba Messenger Camera Bag, $142.95, www.bhphotovideo.com: This is the bag the Tyler Morning Telegraph photographers use. Sarah Miller says she likes it because of its partitions. When she travels, she uses it as a carry-on bag and puts other necessities in spots she's not using for her camera and tucks magazines around the edge of the adjustable insert. It is weather and abrasion resistant with lots of outside pockets to hold all your gear when traveling.
2. iKickstand, $11.95, www.neatoshop.com: This tablet stand attaches with a suction cup and looks just like a bicycle's kickstand.
3. Grid-it Med, $22, www.flight001.com: The Grid-It organization system is a weave of rubberized elastic bands made to hold personal objects firmly in place and provide endless configurations. The slim design is sized for your current laptop bag or travel case. It has a rear-zippered pocket for additional storage.
4. Power Bullet Charger, $14.99, www.thinkgeek.com: This charger is a great idea for traveling because of its dual connection — a plug for the car and a plug for the wall. And it has two USB connections, so you can charge two devices at once.
5. Roll-up keyboard, $19.99, www.neatoshop.com: The one-piece silicone case is spill-proof and washable and rolls into a tube for packing.
6. Power Bag, $139.99 to $249.99 (as pictured), www.mypowerbag.com: The bag has a complete charging system on board — battery, Apple connector, Micro- and Mini-USB connectors and an on-board USB port. You charge it before you leave and it will charge your smartphone at least twice. It also works for tablets and eReaders. It's a great option for the technology-dependent traveler on your list.
8. Land's End small Lighthouse wheeled hybrid duffel bag, $198, www.landsend.com: This bag is carry-on size and gives you the option to carry it as a duffel or roll it along and comes in four colors. The handles have leather grips and it weighs only six pounds. For another $6, you can monogram it for a personal touch.
9. Samsonite Pixelcube 20-inch hardside rolling luggage, $260.99 (sale price at press time), www.samsonite.com: This sleek-looking polycarbonate luggage is impact resistant, comes with a mounted TSA-approved lock and has line interiors with elastic cross straps.
10. Pan Am '70s original blue bag, $89, www.fab.com: This cute retro bag would make quite a fashion statement for a jet-setting gal on your list whether she's flying high or rolling along.
11. My Little Seat travel high chair, $29.99, www.mylittleseat.com: This must-have for parents of tiny ones has four ties and two harness straps to keep them in any chair. It folds down to the size of a diaper and comes in a matching bag.
12. Orbit, iPhone 5 $239.99, iPhone 4/4s $229.99, www.shop.izzigadgets.com: This gadget boasts three lenses on its iDial — fish eye, wide angle and telephoto options — in a duraluminum casing for the cellphone photographer. Choose red, silver or black.
14. Passport covers, blue $14, red $18, www.flight001.com: These passport covers add fun to international travel. The “Hello my name is” pattern also comes in other languages and colors as well as other matching accessories.
15. Fit In Clouds foldable flats, starting at $19.95, www.fitinclouds.com: Most women have left the house in cute shoes and regretted the pain later. Toss a pair of these cute foldable flats in a purse or carry-on to change in a flash.
16. Luggage tags, $11.95 each, www.neatoshop.com: Help the travelers on your list identify their bags on the carousel with these bright luggage tags.
17. Batman men's travel kit, $29.95, www.neatoshop.com: Keep the superhero in your life organized on the go with this travel bag. Also available with a Superman logo for a man of steel.
18. Aladdin Essential Infuser Mug, $20, www.flight001.com: This mug will keep the tea lover on your list happy on the go. Its clear, double-wall construction keeps the temperature on the inside. The basket flips up and down for steeping without a tea bag. Consider adding a nice loose-leaf tea. Pick up sample-size packs at www.adagio.com. Four-tea samplers are $7; single flavors of samples start at $2.
19. humangear GoToob, starting at $10, local retailers including Target, Kohl's Wal-Mart and Walgreens or online at www.flight001.com: GoToobs are made from silicone so travelers can squeeze out every drop. The bottles have no-drip valves and are carry-on approved.
21. National Geographic Traveler, $10 for a year, shop.nationalgeographic.com: Give your globetrotter a year of wish books with National Geographic's travel magazine highlighting places on which the flagship magazine reports.
22. 2013 easy-to-read midsize Road Atlas, $9.95, store.randmcnally.com: For the road tripper on your list, give the gift that can't suffer battery failure or no signal. The spiral-bound edition won't flop closed and lose the page, and it fits in door or seat pockets for easy access.
23. AAA membership, $52 for one year, texas.aaa.com: Give the gift of 24/7 roadside assistance, member discounts on retail, dining, hotels, entertainment and travel deals from one of the largest full-service leisure travel agencies in the country.
24. Eagle Creek Pack-It cube, $12.49 for 14 inch, containerstore.com: Keep luggage organized with packing cubes like these. Other sizes and colors are available.
25. StrudiBag pet carrier, starting at $64.95, sturdiproducts.com: Compact and light, make sure every member of the family gets to head out of town with a pet carrier. These are available in four sizes and many colors and prints.