Fire At FedEx Business Causes $40,000 Damage
By EMILY GUEVARA
A fire confined to the server room of a Smith County FedEx facility caused an estimated $40,000 or more in damage, according to local emergency personnel.
Smith County Assistant Fire Marshal Oren Hale said a failure in the air conditioning system caused a fire in the server room of FedEx Home Delivery, 3815 NNE Loop 323 in Tyler.
The fire started shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday, Hale said. An employee who was closing the building for the day smelled smoke and noticed the door to the server room was hot.
Hale said the employee called emergency personnel immediately.
The fire was contained to the one room with smoke and fire damage in the ceiling and attic area as well, Hale said.