Rules for the Big Buck Contest
The rules for the contest are as follows:
1. The Big Buck Contest is open to all licensed hunters of the state of Texas with the exception of employees and their immediate family of TBB Printing Co. LTD, Mac's Gun Shop, Army & Navy Store-Tyler, Noonday Gun Trader, Still Life Taxidermy, Lynch's Food Store and East Texas Seed.
2. To become a contestant a person must register in person at either Mac's Gun Shop, Army & Navy Store-Tyler, Noonday Gun Trader, Still Life Taxidermy, Lynch's Food Store and East Texas Seed. The contestant must retain the dated portion of the registration ticket and submit it at the time of judging or the entry will be voided.
3. A contestant must register at least 24 hours prior to killing the deer to be submitted for scoring in the contest.
4. The contest will be held during the deer season beginning opening day, Oct. 1, 2011 and ending Jan. 22, 2012, one week after the closing date of the South Texas season.
5. Only Texas white-tailed deer taken during the 2010-11 deer season will be eligible to be entered. Judging will be done using the Boone & Crockett scoring system. Still Life Taxidermy will be the official and final judge of all deer entered.
6. No deer taken from inside a high fenced area may be entered in any division of the contest.
7. Deer to be entered in the contest must be taken to Still Life Taxidermy or Lynch's Food Store.
8. A contestant may enter more than one deer in the contest, however, only the best can win a prize.
9. Any contestant falsifying their registration or entry will be disqualified immediately and permanently from the contest. Any person violating Texas hunting regulations will be disqualified immediately and permanently from the contest.
10. Deer should be entered tagged and with at least the head and antlers intact. Broken-skull deer will not be judged.
11. A contestant may win the contest only twice in consecutive years before becoming ineligible for a season.