The latest session of the Smith County Grand Jury returned indictments for 26 people on 36 felony charges.
The indictments include a man the Texas Department of Public Safety investigated extensively for having child pornography and soliciting a minor online.
Benjamin Andrew Cole, 34, was arrested on Aug. 17 and charged with two counts of possession of child pornography, a third-degree felony and online solicitation of a minor, a third degree felony.
He was booked into the Smith County Jail, where he is being held on bonds totaling $250,000.
Another indictment included a Louisiana man who witnesses say walked up to a woman in City Park and placed a box cutter to her throat and stole her cell phone and her bicycle. The park, at 200 W. Queen St., is near the intersection of North Broadway Avenue and West Gentry Parkway.
Graylin Scott Slocum was arrested Sept. 15 near the park and taken to the Smith County Jail. He was charged with aggravated robbery, a first degree felony and is being held on a $10,000 bond.
The charges in the most recent set of indictments include 16 state-jail felonies, 13 third-degree felonies, six second-degree felonies and one first-degree felony.
Those indicted were:
• Breann Balkey, 23, of Fort Worth, injury to a child, elderly or disabled person with intent to commit bodily injury
• Jules Ann Barnes, 40, of Van, possession of a controlled substance in penalty group 1 weighing less than 1 gram
• Jeremy Teron Biggs, 27, of Tyler, injury to a child, elderly or disabled person with intent to commit bodily injury
• Nicholas Luction Burkhart, 31, of Tyler, burglary of a building
• Michael D. Caffey, 47, of Tyler, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
• Amanda Lee Castaneda, 28, of Tyler, burglary of a building
• Christopher Cruz Castilla, 25, of Tyler, criminal mischief costing at least $2,500 but under $30,000
• Brandi Lea Cook, 39, of Tyler possession of a controlled substance in penalty group 1 weighing less than 1 gram
• Robert Gerard Deloach, 53, burglary of a building
• Aquinas Lamar Dixon Jr., 32, of Tyler, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon
• Peter Escobedo, 38, of Lindale, two counts of assault causing bodily injury family violence
• Anthony Wayne Frazier, 46, of Tyler, burglary of a building, unlawful possession by a felon and theft of a firearm
• Andres Gomez, 21, of Tyler, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
• Raul Gomez, 22, of Tyler, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
• Bryan Wayne Hilburn, 41, of Tyler, burglary of a building
• Detauras Ramon Hopkins, 38, of Tyler, two counts of assault of a family or household member with previous convictions
• Tanya Marie Leaver, 34, of Lindale, robbery
• Lameseya Kimbreil Myers, 29, of Tyler, burglary of a building
• Benjamin Tyrel O’Quinn, 27, of Pollock, possession of a controlled substance in penalty group 1 weighing at least 1 gram; possession of a controlled substance in penalty group 2 weighing at least 4 grams but under 400 grams; and abandoning and endangering a child causing imminent danger or bodily injury
• Sherry McBride Peters, 57, of Flint, theft of property valued at $1,500 but under $20,000
• Kelly Cekimber Pickett, 39, of Cypress, unauthorized use of a vehicle and theft of property valued at $30,000 but under $150,000
• Lauren Taylor Richardson, 26, of Tyler, theft of a firearm
• Broderick Dewayne Walker, 36, of Tyler, fraudulent use, possession of identifying information with no more than five items and theft of property valued under $2,500 with two or more previous convictions