Officials identify child bitten by water moccasin in Longview

Published on Thursday, 14 September 2017 12:03 - Written by KYTX CBS19

A 5-year-old child was hospitalized and recovering after being bitten by a water moccasin in Longview.

Corey Wade was bitten by the snake while playing in the creek area at Lear Soccer Complex, according to a Facebook post by the Greater Longview Soccer Association on Monday.

Wade was administered an anti-venom medicine and morphine.

The city’s parks and recreation department searched the area for more snakes and the soccer association asked local parents to restrict children from playing in creeks and wooded areas.