Electrical malfunction cited as cause of morning fire at Meadowbrook Apartments

Published on Tuesday, 3 December 2013 14:27 - Written by

The Tyler Fire Department responded to the scene of a two-alarm structure fire this morning at the Meadowbrook Apartments at 4600 Paluxy Drive.

The initial call was received at approximately 9:15 a.m. Five engines and one ladder company, along with a district chief and an investigator, responded to the scene. The fire was quickly brought under control.

Upon arrival, firefighters reported smoke in one apartment unit and upgraded to a second alarm. Firefighters quickly determined the source and extinguished the fire, which caused only minor fire damage. There were no injuries reported and no occupants were displaced as a result of the fire.

Investigators have determined that the fire originated in a concealed space in the ceiling as a result of an electrical malfunction associated with the heating unit.