VIDEO: Court date set on 4 arrested in fatal shootings

Published on Thursday, 27 February 2014 15:44 - Written by

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Four people are expected to face charges this week in connection with the fatal shootings of two men and two women during what police say was a drug-related robbery in Indianapolis, an official said Tuesday.

Marion County prosecutor's office spokeswoman Peg McLeish said initial court hearings for the four have been set for Friday afternoon.

Kenneth Rackemann, 24; Samantha Bradley, 20; Valencia Williams, 21; and Anthony Larussa, 26, have been jailed since detectives arrested them Sunday.

A judge on Tuesday granted prosecutors additional time to file formal charges.

The victims and the suspects knew each other, and the suspects went to a south side home Thursday night intent on robbing the victims of drugs and money, police said. The victims — Hayley Navarra, 21; Kristy Mae Sanchez, 22; Jacob Rodemich, 43; and Walter Burnell, 47, all of Indianapolis — died during that alleged robbery.

The four shooting deaths were among eight homicides that occurred in Indianapolis within a 24-hour period.

It was not clear if any of the four people arrested in south-side slayings have attorneys.

Indianapolis has had at least 26 homicides in 2014, police statistics show. The city of 885,000 residents is on track to break last year's count of 125 homicides, the most in the city in seven years.