VIDEO: Fire destroys mobile home in Smith County

Published on Tuesday, 15 July 2014 10:23 - Written by

(KYTX) -- An East Texas woman lost her home in a cooking fire Monday night.

It happened around 8:30 on County Road 246 North -- that's in eastern Smith County. Smith County Fire Investigators say the stove caught on fire. The fire then spread to other parts of the mobile home. The homeowner was the only one inside at the time and made it out safely. Fire investigators are reminding people to be careful when cooking.

"If you are doing any kind of cooking especially on a stove, just make sure you pay attention to it. Keep an eye on it. If things start to boil over, get it off the stove. Cool stuff down. Always pay attention when your cooking," said Kevin Landoff, Smith County Fire Marshal's Office Deputy.

Firefighters from Jackson Heights, Chapel Hill and Arp helped put the fire out.