TYLER (KYTX) -- Ten years of memories went up in flames when a family of four's home caught fire. The fire started just after 4 o'clock this afternoon on Second street near Bergfeld park.
It took a crew of about 22 fire fighters to get the blaze under control. CBS 19's Katiera Winfrey spoke to family members -- who say they think they know how the fire may have started.
The family said there weren't any candles left burning and the stove wasn't left on. However they said the house is old, and they have several window air conditioning units throughout. But that's still being investigated. They say seeing the home destroyed is difficult, but knowing their family of four is still in tact, is the most important thing.
Sorrow is streaked across the faces of these family members, ten years of memories, charred by flames.
"When I saw that it just broke my heart. Everything was going through my head, I thought he was home in the bed I thought my children were home," said home owner Shavieka Davis.
With a fire ranging, Mrs. Davis rushed home from work after her husband called telling her what was happening..
Her two children a boy and a girl, were the most important things on her mind.
"I thought they were home that's what was over me and once I found out they weren't I was ok," she said.
Her husband Charles Davis was away on a painting project when neighbors called telling him his home was on fire.
"Flames were everywhere you couldn't even tell it was my house, so much smoke so much fog, you could see smoke at the end of the road where I was coming from," Mr. Davis said.
With a 22 person crew, firefighters were able to get the majority of the flames under control in about 15 minutes.
Neighbors told fire investigators there had been an explosion that blew out the windows.
"Possibly a back draft when one of the windows blew out because of the heat, it got that oxygen and it just cause a big, we'll look into that and see if that was the cause or something else," said Tony Gumber with the city of Tyler fire department.
"Nine times out of ten it was that air conditioner. It's a older house," said Mr. Davis.
Despite the unexpected loss, the Davis' say having faith in God, and a family standing behind them, they'll get them through this.
"When you walk with faith everything falls to place like legos we're just walking by faith," said Mr. Davis.