Businesses hosting second Spring Event today through Saturday

Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 23:45 - Written by Casey Murphy, cmurphy@tylerpaper.com

Businesses in the Swann Plaza Retail Center, off of Old Jacksonville Highway, are joining together to host the second Spring Event today through Saturday.

Swann’s Furniture & Design, Spin Out, The Kitchen Drawer, New Balance, GymFed CrossFit and Juls are all taking part in the three-day event and each business is offering special discounts, giveaways and other incentives.

Emily Thornton, director of marketing and sales for Oak Properties, said they are hoping it will be a new draw to their neighbors and others in the area to visit the local businesses. She said they hope to make it an annual event.

The Spring Event coincides with the Rose City Farmer’s Market in the Jul’s parking lot on Saturday.

Jay Schulz, owner of Juls, said they will be having the farmer’s market in their parking lot every Tuesday and Saturday until the season ends in October.

He said they have 32 vendors and 75 percent of them are farmers and ranchers providing produce and meat products. The other 25 percent of the vendors will be local companies, such as Porch Culture Coffee and True Vine Breweries that take agricultural products and make a food or beverage, as well as vendors that will sell locally made crafts, he added. The market hours are from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Juls will have music on its patio and Juls Cafe will serve breakfast and lunch. There also will be events for the kids, such as face painting and a display garden to teach them how to start and grow a garden, Schulz said.