Tyler firefighters were dispatched to 2315 Devine St. for a reported fire involving a generator at a local residence. The initial call was received around 1:45 p.m., with the caller reporting that a generator was on fire in close proximity to a storage building behind the residence.
Firefighters observed smoke conditions while en route to the scene and upgraded the incident to a two-alarm call. Five engines and one ladder company, along with a district chief and an investigator responded to the scene. Upon arrival, the fire had spread to a nearby storage building and was fully involved. Firefighters discovered propane bottles in the building and quickly worked to extinguish the fire, while also preventing the bottles from overheating.