VIDEO: Fire destroys ETMC storage facility

Published on Monday, 27 January 2014 09:18 - Written by KYTX CBS19 Reports

A fire destroyed an East Texas Medical Center storage unit in Jacksonville Saturday night.

The building was at South Bolton and Devereaux streets.

When firefighters arrived there around 9 p.m., the 6,000 square foot, two-story building was fully engulfed, according to the department.

Jacksonville Fire Captain Ted Hunt said the floors were hardwood, so crews had to move all the debris to make sure there were no hot spots under the large pieces of tin.

No one was inside when the fire started, and no one was injured, Hunt said.

Earle’s Chapel Volunteer Fire Department also responded to the scene.

The fire is under investigation by the city’s fire marshal.