Bryce Petty was named tonight as the first winner of the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award!
The award honors not only legendary running back Earl Campbell, but the top Division I college football players in the nation with Texas ties.
The finalists were:
- Jace Amaro, Texas Tech, tight end, junior, San Antonio (MacArthur High School)
- Mike Evans, Texas A&M, wide receiver, sophomore, Galveston (Ball HS)
- James Franklin, Missouri, quarterback, senior, Corinth (Lake Dallas HS)
- Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M, quarterback, sophomore, Kerrville (Tivy HS)
- Bryce Petty, Baylor, quarterback, junior, Midlothian (Midlothian HS).
The Tyler Rose himself, the 1977 Heisman Trophy winner from The University of Texas and Pro Football Hall of Famer, will be on hand to present the winner.