Electric malfunction caused house fire in 1200 block of South Glenwood

Published on Wednesday, 8 January 2014 11:22 - Written by

A malfunction in the electrical cord powering a deep freezer caused a morning house fire in the 1200 block of South Glenwood Boulevard in Tyler this morning.

Deputy Tyler Fire Marshall James Suggs said nobody was home at the time of the fire. A neighbor saw heavy smoke and called the fire department. There is heavy fire damage in the attic, but quick fire personnel response prevented further damage, Suggs said.

The home had no smoke detectors, Suggs added.