The Transit Department has now resumed services following icy road conditions from recent storms. The Red Line is still suspended, but will resume very soon. There was a two-hour delay this morning because gates on the buses were frozen shut.
Commercial Solid Waste has resumed service; however, they are evaluating conditions at each site. Residential Solid Waste is delaying service for a few hours. They are monitoring conditions and will begin residential collections as soon as possible. This week they are modifying collection days as follows:
· Trash normally collected on Mondays will be collected Tuesday (today)
· Trash normally collected on Tuesday will be collected Wednesday
· Recycling will be collected Saturday
· Thursday and Friday collections will be normal
· Bulky items placed on the curb for Bulky Item Pick Up Week will be picked up as time permits
The Streets Department is continuing to pick up debris from the storm. They will be going back and collecting debris that was stacked on the side of roads in the last few days. They continue to sand bridges and overpasses as needed.
Tyler Pounds Regional Airport is open. There are some delays, so travelers should monitor for the latest information.
Roads remain icy in many places and drivers are urged to exercise extreme caution.