VIDEO: Home severely damaged by what started as grease fire

Published on Tuesday, 11 February 2014 13:08 - Written by

Prev  1 of 2  Next

A home on Cochran Street near the intersection with North Ross Avenue in Tyler was severely damaged by a house fire believed to have been started by a grease fire.

Tyler fire department officials said the man living in the home had started to cook some fish on his oven, but fell asleep. He was not injured.

The fire was called in at 11:30 a.m., according to a news release from Tyler Fire Marshal’s Office.

The home was heavily involved in flames when first responders arrived, and a second alarm was called, the release states.

Five engines and one ladder company, along with a district chief and an investigator are on the scene.